Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Square aluminum tubing 1/4" x 1/4" x 3 or 4 feet.

mm wrote:

McMaster's woudln't tell me what the shipping charge would be until I
gave them a name, phone number, email address, and what's worse, a
credit card number!! I really don't like that.

I wrote them complaining abou this, and also telling them about the
flaw in their webpage.

McMaster Carr is an industrial supplier. We (us individual non-business
entities) are actually lucky that they go through the hassle of doing
business with us.

Other industrial suppliers (Grainger, Johnson) have learned that
non-business entities are a big hassle, and they now only deal with
businesses.

It is a good idea to just accept the policies of the company, and be
grateful that they are willing to do business with us at all.

In other words, don't rock the boat.

Jon