Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Solar Lux NGR dyes

Is woodfinishing supplies still alive? I loved those guys. Their
website was a bit wierd, kind of a bunch of PDFs but the store was
great. I used to vacation in Mendocino just so I could visit. I think
there was some controversy when they closed about who owned what ro
bough the name or something.

On Jan 4, 3:39*pm, "
wrote:
On Jan 4, 5:07*pm, " wrote:

I need a new bottle of Behlen's Solar Lux NGR dye. *Color is "Light
Golden Oak". * I can't seem to locate it on the web. *Does anybody
know where to buy some?

Len

I am NOT positive , but I think that the light oak color has been
phased out.

Fruitwood seems to be the go-to "give it a little color" dye of choice
these days.

Oak color is still listed at woodfinishing supplies on the net as part
# *" Oak Golden B503-670 ".

You can probably match your desired color by a bit of thinning of that
color before applying, and minding the amount you apply.

Also, Woodcraft used to sell a lot of the Solar-Lux brand of dyes. *I
would call them and if necessary have them call around to see who
might have a bottle or two on the shelf.

Robert