Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Opinion of Ruger Mini 14 .223?

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Mon, 04 Jan 2010 02:50:59 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 23:30:52 -0700, Steve Ackman
wrote:

In , on Sun, 03 Jan 2010
20:30:14 -0800, pyotr filipivich, wrote:

"A man finds a lot of redeeming features in something that does
that." A 3rd Lt's response after the Grizzled Vet said "I like it,
it save my life." in a discussion on various firearms the US Military
has.

A 3rd Lt?

A Logistics Master Sargent?

I didn't ask. He did say that his unit never had any casualties
because officially they never left Okinawa. If you got hit, you got a
retroactive transfer to an unit "in country".

It was one of those "stand round the fire and talk story". "The
Kid" was just back from Uncle Sam's Summer Camp for Wayward Boys, and
he and the Vet (I do not recall either of their names). were talking,
mostly about what the kid had just gone through. "Yeah, we had a
Master Sergeant give the lecture, and for every weapon, he had a
story." and so forth. Something got mentioned - a M1C key Mou-se -
and the kid, of course, having just come from the familiarization,
wasn't impressed, and said as much. The Vet said "It saved my life on
a couple occasions." To which the smart you lad said "A man finds a
lot of redeeming features in something that does that." Yep, he'll
do well.
It might be he was this generations smart Second Lieutenant. But
I haven't seen either gentlemen in over ten years, minimum.

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!