Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Cordless phone intercom/paging

Tony wrote the following:
Reed wrote:
gman wrote:
gman had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ng-247554-.htm

:
Aaron,

I would be grateful to learn if you found a true paging/intercom
cordless
phone system. Like you were several yrs ago, I am most frustrated in
looking for this feature. My kids and wife scream thru our house.
This
is not rocket science. Thanks so much.

Best,
Glenn

Have you considered a wireless intercom that is independent of the
phone ??

Such as:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...LAID=107593976

What sucks is that if you use it for an intercom, and not just saying
"pete, pick up line 1", you have to go over to it to talk back. At a
very old job in a very old building with a very old intercom, we could
reply without having to go near it. They are available but quite
expensive last time I priced them, and now it's just me here so I
don't need the intercom anymore.

You mean that if someone calls you on the intercom, the intercom
automatically switches to send mode without any action on your part?
That's a nice feature to have for the boss. He just presses your
intercom number and without saying anything, he/she can hear everything
that is being said in the room.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY