Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Load Snow Blower into SUV

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 18:03:48 -0500, "Bernie Hunt"
wrote:

My concern is where they hit the truck. For safety they will need to hange
over the edge of the back bumper by a couple of inches. No problem when
enough to get the weight on to them? As the blower rolls backwards I think
the wheels will just push the 2x's rather than rolling over them.

Prop up the back end of the boards on a box, sawhorse, upturned
garbage can, whatever to make them about level. Once you get the
blower out a little ways, remove the prop and lower the board to the
ground. I've done this many times with both my snow blower and my
chipper, which is heavier and doesn't roll as easily. The boards I use
are 10 footers.

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:52:27 -0500, "Bernie Hunt"
wrote:

Any suggestions on a ramp solution to load a snow blower into an SUV? At
170
pounds I'm just not up to picking it up, hahahaha. I've verified it will
fit
with the handle collapsed and the blower chute removed.

Any suggestions on cheap ramp solutions?

Thanks,
Bernie

a couple of 2x12's, the longer the better.