Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless networking - any experts out there ?

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:12:51 +0000, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Bought a couple of 'Newlink' Wireless 11g 54Mbps PCI cards (CPC)

snip
If so - I think I'll just dump the wireless idea and go back to good old
cables!

Don't know those cards, are they using the WiFi frequencies around
2.5GHz? If so there are only 3 channels that don't mutually interfere
with each other (1, 6 and 11 IIRC).

Not strictly true.

There are 11 channels IIRC, and all to an extent interfere with each other.