Posted to alt.home.repair
CWLee CWLee is offline

Default Circuit Decoding?

I'm trying to determine which circuits are controlled by
which circuit breakers on a sub-division home built in
Southern California in 1980. I want to minimize the process
of shutting off one circuit at a time and then walking
around checking lights and wall outlets. I'm hoping some
experienced house construction electricians can make my task
easier using the information provided below.

There are two black toggles, mechanically linked, with the
label 125 amps.

There are two black toggles, independent of each other, with
the labels 50 amps.

There are two green toggles, independent of each other, with
the labels 30 amps.

There is a single black toggle with the label 20 amps.

There are four red toggles, independent of each other, with
the labels 20 amps.

There is a single black toggle with the label 15 amps.

There are four blue toggles, independent of each other, with
the labels 15 amps.

There are cryptic handwritten letters (perhaps remnants of
faded words) like R, V, Fau, and DG next to some of the
circuit breakers.

Ideas?

--
CWLee