Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default old lathe ID help

wrote in message
m...
sounds exactly like it. along with this came a 6" jointer, 12" band saw,
and 10" radial arm saw, all Craftsman circa 1960.

I have mixed feelings about Craftsman tools. My dad had two of their table
saw and a radial arm saw. Both table saws were crap, but he still uses the
radial arm saw today, 40 years later.

been wanting a shop all
my life but never could afford it with kids and other habits, now i have a
darn good start and can make a lot of stuff just with what i have. in my
sights are a thickness planer and table saw......

I have a good table saw, and a better radial arm saw myself. I use the
table saw for everything. Once you get used to a good table saw there are
only a few things a radial arm saw does a little better.

Sounds like an awesome start on a shop. May you take satisfaction in the
things you create.

OT for this group: I turned a special shoulder bolt / pivot pin out of
stainless today for a knife my son gave me for Christmas a couple years ago.
Then when I realized I didn't have a nut to fit it, I made the nut. LOL. I
got a tremendous amount of satisfaction out of it. If I had gone to work
instead I could have bought 50 of the knives for the time I spent fixing it,
but that wasn't the point.