Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow-shovel; snow sticks to it: how to make slippery?

Global warming! We need to buy carbon offsets from Al Gore,
or we'll all die.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"terry" wrote in message

Gee whiz. It's been raining half the day here 'up north' in
most
easterly Canada at almost 48 degrees North!
Snowed before Christmas now all gone, but gets icy some
days. Now some
10 days past the shortest day of the year.
F.Cast says it will be above freezing (32F or 0 Celsius) for
most of
the week.

Our deck/patio is completely clear of snow, last trace in
front yard
went today. Neighbours yards completely clear.
Chilly but out there filling bird seed feeders in my slipper
yesterday; fewer birds this year so far, weather seems
milder than say
50 years ago when one dug one's way out to go to work and
dug your way
back in each evening.

Maybe the weather is more screwed up? Of course we are
alongside the
North Atlantic and that may be warmer than in the past. And
more full
of carbon dioxide (carbonic acid)? Also the rian here is
more acid
than say 100 years ago.

Fewer icebergs coming down from up north in last few years
and/or they
melt more quickly before arriving off shore. Oil rigs now at
risk
instead of the Titanic!

Anyway. Only used the new snow-blower (November 2009) twice
so far.
Looks like a couple more weeks, at least, sans snow.