Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Square aluminum tubing 1/4" x 1/4" x 3 or 4 feet.

mm wrote the following:
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 00:48:06 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

mm wrote:

I need a piece of Square aluminum or steel tubing, 1/4" x 1/4" x 3 or
4 feet.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#9008k17/=57j16a

Less th an $5

Wow, you're great, and only 27 minutes after I posted, and only $4.78.

But the browser antics are the strangest thing.

When I clicked on your link, it opened in Firefox3, and showed just a
bare-bones page. With one mcmasters graphic at the top.

So I searched the site for square tubing and got a list on the
left, and a list on the rest of the page. Using the rest of the page,
I clicked on aluminum and steel and each page was totally empty. So I
used the left column and got a very nice listing for each metal, but
no size was small enough. The closest was 3/8 x 3/8 in steel, bigger
in aluminum.

So I thought the problem was firfox and copied your link above to IE8.
And again it opened up with a black and white outline of a page, and
very little graphics, and no description of the item.. So I put a
"1" in "the number I want" and clicked on Add to Order, and then it
gave me the very description I wanted, "9008K17 Multipurpose Aluminum
(Alloy 6061) 1/4" Square, 6' Length"

I searched the mcmaster website every way I could think of, and didnt'
find this, except the url you gave me. !!!

Does it have to be tubing?
They have 1/4" square rod in 6 and 8 foot lengths.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#aluminum/=57vbby

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY