Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Stanley Staple Gun

"Nonny" wrote in message

"Bill" wrote in message

Congrats on doing a DIY job and doing it well. IMHO, a scroll saw has
very limited use in a shop. The seem to work best when the material is
held firmly to the table, since the stroke and teeth are so short that
virtually any vibration almost eliminates cutting.

Thank you for your reply.
It occurred to me that what you described could have been happening.
It was just hard for me to accept that since I expected this would be an
ideal task for the scroll saw...I was wrong about that.

Speaking from my own, personal, experience, is your blade on the right
way, with the teeth pointed downward? If not, you fall in to probably the
same group as the rest of us, who've made similar mistakes. grin

I was very careful to get that part right! I just went and checked--yep,
I was careful.

I'd keep an eye out for pan head screws, rather than what sounds like wood
screws that you chose. If the screws are intended to be countersunk,
that's about impossible in hardboard unless you bore a countersink.

I thought about that. Seems like practically anything I could do to 1/8"
hardboard
would weaken it too much (correct me if I'm wrong).

The repair works. One no longer gets "bad vibrations" everytime they walk
into
the bedroom.

Best,
Bill

They're cheap at HD or Lowe's and you can do it
one screw at a time to prevent anything from shifting. Otherwise, go with
pan head and some brown paint.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.