Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Oil viscosities

"Michael Koblic" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Michael Koblic" wrote:

What am I missing here? Is this comparison at all valid?

Vactra 1, 2 and 4 have tackifiers that help it stay adhered to the ways.

From what I've been told Vactra 4 is for vertical column machines.

Do you happen to know what is the chemical nature of the said tackifiers? It
might help when determining what is the nearest equivalent of Vactra
locally. It is not immediately relevant but might become so in the New year.

I don't know what the tackifier is. KBCtools.com which has operations in Canada has a
product called EEZ Way oil. Various weights are listed. Calling them might be a good
idea. Sadly, McMaster-Carr doesn't ship to Canada obtaining small amounts of vactra would
be easy.

Wes