Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Sodium Thiosulphate ?

Rick
wibbled on Sunday 03 January 2010 02:45

"Usenet Nutter" wrote in message
Using ( pretty successfully I must say ) HG Mould Remover around my
bath I saw that the brown residue that is left can be removed using
Sodium Thiosulphate but have no idea where it can be obtained or if it
is known as anything else . Anyone know ?

Always had a test tube of that in Chemistry sets as a kid ... now I know
what it was for ?

I suppose Chemistry sets would never get past 'effin Safety nowadays ...

If you hunt around on google, reasonably "proper" ones are still available -
as in similar to the ones kicking about in the 70's (mag ribbom, metsh
bunsen, copper II sulphate and an array of other bits and pieces...

On an aside, can you still get carbon tetrachloride? Wasn't on that site
posted a few posts back, but chloroform was...

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...