Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default #OT# Hard data on "investment" returns

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Wes wrote:
Ignoramus16758 wrote:

And yet I read countless Leftwingers all ****y and nasty about folks
who bought gold and have sat on it.

So, do you recommend buying gold now? Or what are you saying,
exactly?

I don't know if Jon Stewart was full of chit or not but he was poking
fun at gold sellers on Fox that had a 30% commision.

You might want to reconsider Wes.
He was poking fun at idiots buying and selling gold that were paying a
30
percent premium to brokers.
Gold is a market for children and POG people.
It has absolutely no basis, reality or use in the real world.
Completely Speculative is the best description.

--
John R. Carroll

We may be missing something here, John. If things get *really* rough,
gold would make good fishing sinkers and, probably, pretty good bullets.

Lead may be too valuable then to use for the purpose. g

--
Ed Huntress

You want to invest in gold, just buy the stock GLD. Priced at 1/10 of an
oz. Hell of a lot less commission than 30%.

No, thanks. I'm not a speculator. Nor do I bet against my country's health.

--
Ed Huntress