Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

Swingman wrote in
:

On 1/2/2010 2:31 PM, Han wrote:
Tim wrote in news:7ek417-gn21.ln1
@ozzie.tundraware.com:

Notice, for instance, the current whining about "credit card
relief". Where I come from, that's called "not paying back what you
borrowed" and is a form of dishonesty.

I agree with much of what you said, but I would express it from a
liberal point of view. The above quote is what I disagree with.
Credit card relief should not be relief from having to pay back what
you borrowed (as was your intent to state), but it should include
relief from onerous and extortionist interest rates and exorbitant
fees. Maybe it was in the small print, and maybe the stupid
borrowers could have opted out at some point, but charging 30% APR
and $25 overdraft fees is a bit much, don't you think? Wouldn't you
get a bit upset if you knew that you had $45 in your account and
knowingly overdrew it with the last of 3 transactions. These 3 being
$7 coffee at Starbucks, $15 for lunch and $50 for dinner. However,
the bank first charges the dinner charge, and levies a $25 overdraft
fee, then the lunch and coffee, each also with a $25 overdraft fee.
Is that right?

Don't look now, Han ... but that ain't no "liberal point of view"!

That _is_ a "moral" point of view!

Good on you, brother!!

Hey Karl, moral and liberal are definitely NOT mutually exclusive!! Au
contraire! I'm all for profit, but stealing is different.

--
Best regards
Han