Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Schrader valve - Coloured band and spring pressure - CH expansion vessel

Peter Watson formulated on Saturday :
I've diagnosed a leaky air valve on the expansion vessel fitted to the rear
of my Vokera boiler.

I've removed the valve core and found that there's no coloured gasket
material half way down when compared with car tyre cores available from
Halfords

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_228377

Also the spring in the original valve doesn't seem quite as strong as the car
type.

Question - Can I use a car valve core as a replacement in this application?

I can think of no reason why you should not use one. Just like a tyre,
all they do is hold a little air pressure in.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)