Roger Mills

Default Central Heating boiler safety cut out

"Danny" wrote in message
om...
Again Roger, thanks for all of your help.

Thats right, it only trips when the CH motorised valve is closed. I
fully opened the by-pass valve, with the CH circuit off, I noticed
that the water wasn't passing through the by-pass valve, massive
temperature difference on either side of the valve. I'm thinking that
this valve may be faulty and is stuck closed (it's not motorised),
should I replace this or is there another method of fix?

Regards

Sounds like you need to replace the valve. You might consider using an
automatic by-pass valve - which only opens when a certain (adjustable)
pressure is reached, so that nothing goes through it when either or both CH
and HW circuits are operating. Screwfix do a suitable valve for about £25.

Roger