Posted to alt.home.repair
Donna DeLong Donna DeLong is offline

Default What to do with 4 Digital Satellite Receivers (forclosed home came with them)

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:53:18 -0500, Van Chocstraw wrote:

What would you do with these four satellite receivers?

They are good for boat anchors or door stops. They don't want them back.
They give them out free.

In summary, it seems the receivers are only good for someone who has
DirecTV (as a spare for example), and even then, someone said only if no
money is owed on them (or the cards in them).

I'd wager money is owed on the DirecTV because the house was a foreclosure
and there were piles and piles of old mail in the mailbox much of which was
collection agency stuff.

I'm thinking the 2 dish antennas may be more usable but then I have to
compare their usefulness to just buying a really good antenna to pluck TV
signals out of the air up here a few thousand feet up above the valley.