Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Dovetail saws

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 06:25:16 -0800, the infamous Glen
scrawled the following:

Pete,

I tried using a Japanese style saw a while back, and loved it. This is
the Lee Valley model I use. The price is reasonable.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...29&cat=1,42884

Ditto that. I tried Lee Valley's French import dovie and found that I
didn't really like it. The $26 Gyokucho ryoba noko giri from
www.japanwoodworker.com has been my fave saw for many years now. FWW
used to have their sale coupons in them: a 10" ryoba for $25.99,
including shipping.

The last time I was by HF, I grabbed one of their $6 pullsaws and
tossed it in the truck. I haven't yet used it.

I picked up an azibiki recently ($18 eBay, Japanese import) but
haven't used it yet. I got it for inside cuts, but it might turn into
my favorite dovie saw. We'll see.

Not that tool collectors make a lot of dovies...

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
--Thomas Paine