Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Early Continental engine question again

Usually creankcase (sic) oil to be usde (sic) is based on
the local climate. Most of the time in USA, 10W30 works
well. I'd dare to guess that a 1911

Continental 4 cyclinder (sic) gasoline/ kerosene engine is
no exception. Some farmers like straight weight oils. I've
heard some engines need non-detergent oils. I would avoid ND
oils, unless the owners manual requires it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Grumpy" wrote in message
. au...
Anybody have a recomendation for the creankcase oil to be
usde in a 1911
Continental 4 cyclinder gasoline/ kerosene engine?