Default Turning green wood

I think a lot of turners like to do the roughing out when the blank is
green, then let it dry before final shaping and finishing....
Bridger

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:35:05 GMT, "js"
wrote:

ahh aliright. So it will be best to just set it aside, and let it dry. So
for future reference, I should actually be turning dry wood.

Thanks again.

"Leon" wrote in message
.. .

"js" wrote in message
True, but doesn't slowing down the rate at which it drys out reduce the

risk
of splitting?

As I said, I'm a newbie to it

Yes that will reduce the risk of splitting, but keep in mind also that

green
wood is not as stable as dried wood. As the green wood does dry, it will
change shape. Many turners like the effect of a perfectly round bowl
changing shape after the green wood dries.