Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Some random KA vs. Whirlpool dishwasher thoughts

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
We just moved into a new home with a Whirlpool DW about
5 month ago. We have had KA DWs for some
37 years previously and have become less and less satisfied with them.
The
last one only lasted 5 years and would cost more to fix than to buy a new
one. Anyway, we haven't used the Whirlpool adaptive wash yet, however,
this unit cleans better than any previous KA ... even though they are the
same company. I especially like the larger interior as it goes lower to
the
kitchen floor. This must make it harder to service, but it makes the
upper
rack taller. My wife complains about bending down to get thing in the
lower
rack, however, she says that's ok because of the extra interior room. We
have a silverware rack from our old KA. I'm glad we brought this as it
works way better than the in-door Whirlpool silverware rack. Yes it
does eat up some lower rack space, but it's worth it. Using the
in-door rack does cause problems at things tend to tangle with the lower
rack. We do use the in-door rack for larger things like serving spoons
and
whisks.

Years ago when KA was made by Hobart, they were top of the line machines,
and people who owned them typically loved and swore by them. People who
reviewed them today seemed to have a multitude of complaints, including a
number of prematurely burnt out motors. It does seem like KA is willing to
replace their bad motors even after the warranty period ends though