Posted to alt.home.repair
infiniteMPG infiniteMPG is offline

Default Pergo End Joints?????

We just laid our first of five rooms of Pergo in one of our spare
bedrooms and prior to installing, we did cement floor leveling as
there were some "waves" in the room which helped a lot and we used a
premium underlayment vapor barrier that has a thick felt-like cushion
to help reduce sound. The install went well and rather easy, and the
sound barrier seems to helped reduce echoing in the empty room. You
can feel a slight cushion-like feel when you walk on the floor, too.

The long joints are all clean and solid, but we're starting to notice
that even though the end joints are tight together, there are quite a
few that have a slight "edge" to them. They look good but as you run
your fingernail across them you can feel the edge, just a slight
variation in height. And if you stand on the slightly higher board,
you can feel the "edge" disappear or invert.

Is there any way to get the end joints more solid together in
alignment? We drove the ends together and had them lock well, and
they are butt together solid, but this edge seems like it would be
noticeable if walking and sliding your bare feet on the floor.

Any help???