Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default Before the First Day is Gone - A Safe and Happy New Year

With the end of the Hectic Holidays period a mere 4 hours away I'd like
to wish one and all a safe and happy new year.

I finally have space for House Furniture I've been planning to make
for close to a decade - so turning is going to be a fill in thing while
glue or finishes dry on furniture projects.

I've got 14 lineal feet of cabinets/bookshelves to do, a couple of
coffee tables, a computer desk, an entertainment center, a
corner desk unit, maybe some end tables and some built in shelves
in a closet to do. So - turning is going on a back burner for the
foreseeable future.

I want to thank the folks in this group for great ideas, things to
ponder, all sorts of help and advice, feed back on some of my
Wild Hare Ideas - but most of all - for the comraderie. This was,
and no doubt will continue to be - a great place with good people.

Thanks again - and I'll drop in from time to time and see who is
doing what.

charlie b
san jose, ca

With the taking back of my WHOLE house (I can either have a 2 bdr, 1
bth,
1 ktchn place AND a 1bdr, 1bth, 1ktchn place OR a 3bdr, 2 bth, 2 ktchn
place), after renting the front for what seems like forever, I now have
space
for what got me into woodworking to begin with - furniture making. Been
collecting nice wood and the tools to make nice things with it - for
close
to 10 years. But when you inherit a LOT of nice rosewood chinese
furniture,
and put most of it in an 800 sf place - there's no room for anything
new.

So turning, which was a way to play with wood because there was no place
to put any house furniture