Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

On 1/1/2010 6:29 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:26:15 -0600, Swingman wrote:

But, let's see, we have an irrrational need to blame a natural disaster
on a political persuasion, eh?

No, just the response thereto - and before you foam at the mouth I'll
stipulate there was enough to go around for both parties. But few
will ever forget "You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie." :-).

Nahhh... only a foolish few will remember the media blathering at a
poor, defenseless, convenient target of opportunity.

More to my point ... FEMA will be the same, inept, bureaucracy
regardless of which party is in power.

Having personally lost a home in a Gulf Coast storm, and being forced to
deal with FEMA in the aftermath, I can assure you that neither
"political persuasion", nor "parties" at any level, had any bearing on
the typical inept bureaucratic "response thereto".

Now, and since you brought them up, if you've had _firsthand_ experience
to the contrary with the FEMA bureaucracy, I, for one, would love to
hear it?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08