Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default 45 ACP ammo

"RAM³" wrote in message
. 10...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"RAM³" wrote in message
0...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"Wes" wrote in message
Hawke wrote:

If you have a .380 why would you want to use lead bullets? Guns
that shoot .380 ammo are not good for anything but short range self
defensive purposes. They are not guns that people shoot very much.

Actually my Bersa 95. normally using some reloads built around a
102g Lee RN is one of my
favorite guns. Cheap to shoot, actually has a bit of recoil and
easy to conceal and
carry. Fixed barrel blow back, pretty accurate. Knocks over the
plates on the plate rack
reliably.

Ed likes a .32 Mag iirc, so don't diss minor calibers.

BTW, if Hawke etc. don't know this, the .32 H&R Mag is a hunting
caliber for small-to-medium game, not a defense caliber. I bought my
Ruger SSM specifically for hunting javelina, which weigh around 50
lb.

Where do you go to hunt these pygmies?

South Texas Javalina run to ~150#.

Arizona. The average javelina runs around 50 lb. The record is 84 lb.

You may be mixing them up with feral pigs, or something else. You can
tell by wrestling one to the ground and counting the toes on his hind
feet. If he has three toes, it's a javelina. If it has four, it's a
pig. If it gores the hell out of your face when you try this, it could
be either one. d8-)

There's little resemblence between a Collared Peccary (aka Javalina) and
a feral hog.

Having weighed several in the 125-150 range (dead), I could only wonder
if you were after young ones (better eating) as opposed to the mature
adults (more & better leather)...

Either I'm not understanding you, or something is fishy about your javelina.
Most of the records come from Arizona, where they refer to records in the
75 - 85 pound range. A Texas javelina hunting site refers to 84 pounds as
the maximum weight:

http://www.hunting-in-texas.com/javelina-info.htm

Science sites say 55 lb. maximum weight, but they aren't talking about
records or trophies.

Are we talking about the same thing? Collared Peccary and Javelina are
described as the same animal on science sites: Pecari tajacu.

--
Ed Huntress