Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.satellite.tv,sci.geo.satellite-nav
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default What to do with 4 Digital Satellite Receivers (forclosed homecame with them)

On Jan 1, 6:11*pm, Donna DeLong wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 15:08:45 -0800, Donna DeLong wrote:
I bought a foreclosed home and it came with two satellite dishes and four
things called "Digital Satellite Receiver", e.g., Sony SAT-B55 with an
"Access Card" in the slot in back.

What would you do with these four satellite receivers?

I should mention I can call DirectTV to ask them to take them back but does
Direct-TV actually come to my house to get them (which is a pain) and will
they insist on removing the two antennas on the tile roof?

I don't see anything useful I can do with the four Direct TV satellite
receivers so they can have them but I don't want anyone crawling on the
tile roof to break even more tiles (I already have to get dozens of broken
ones fixed, presumably from their installers).

In summary, is there anything "useful" I can do with these four direct TV
digital satellite receivers (what would YOU do with them?)?

I see them all the time in second hand stores. Someone must want them.
Actually I think electronic hobbyist buy them.

Jimmie