Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Heater

On Dec 26 2009, 10:44�am, FlaBill wrote:
Lately my hot water cools down before I'm finished showering. It never
used to do this. Wondering if it is a symptom of a fading element. The
heater is a 30gal Ruud Pacemaker Ruudglass but can only estimate age
to be approx. 30yrs.
A tankless heater will be its replacement. Is it time??
Bill

Forget a electric tankless. Unless you want to upgrade your home
electric service to 400 amps, with brand new service very very
expensive. and even then if you live in cold area you may not have hot
enough water.

it takes a lot of electric to heat water in a tankless. since it must
heat water as it flows thru homes plumbing......

your far better off replacing old tank with a new one.

unless you have 5 grand to waste.........