Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Construction of sprung dance floor?

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:07:40 -0800 (PST), RickH
wrote:

If it is constructed like the video I posted then there would be no

That's a big "if", expeciallly regarding access from underneath.

inherent access as everything is nailed or screwed together. I know
pretty much every square inch and there are no trap doors or anything
like that, all is nailed tight. The basement just shows steel I beam
joists on 12x12 concrete pylons spaced approx 16 to 20 feet in a
grid. The perimeter (for seating) is raised to the floor level and is
concrete with tile, so whole dance floor is sunken so to speak with
tables surrounding it.

Regardless of how much evidence you have, you should ask. I long ago
lost track of the many things I've learned by asking, even when I
thought there was no answer.

Are you being shy? People like to be asked and they like to help,
especialy if your opening a *small enough* dance studio that won't
damage their business but which might provide more customers for their
business. And especially if you start off with a few compliments.