Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default Waffle iron light.

William Sommerwerck wrote:
You need the "hot knife" from HHGTTG! (Now *that* was cool!)

Hot knife? In which episode/book?

I'm not sure it was in the books. It may have been in the "newer"
movie (Tricia shows arthur a knife that toasts bread as it
cuts it). Yeah, come to think of it, the image I have of the
actress is *not* the "little blond" (?) from the original
TV series so it must be the movie.

Does anyone know how to remove smoke stains from glass? I've
tried any number of strong organic solvents (including MEK), and
nothing -- not even citrus solvent -- seems to dissolve it very well.

Try vinegar, water and copious amounts of elbow grease?

Don't have any vinegar, but I might try a bit of Sno Bol -- it's mostly HCl.

At least you won't have to worry about etching the glass (unless
you try HF!)