Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default Waffle iron light.

Hi William,

William Sommerwerck wrote:
No one has addressed at length (I've only covered it briefly) the basic
issue -- the counter-intuitiveness of the way waffles are cooked while the
grill is /returning/ to its "correct" temperature. Most forms of cooking are
normally done at constant temperature.

But, is that *intentional* or just a consequence of the way the
device was hysterically made?

I.e., adding mass to the grill plates and increasing the capabilities
of the heating elements would allow the iron to operate in more
of a constant temperature mode (I am assuming that the energy
required to cook it *can* be delivered from a 20A outlet).

However, heating elements have typically been flimsy in this
type of appliance (are those in George Foreman's Grill any
better?).

On the other hand, waffle *batter* may not take kindly to
a very hot grill and may *prefer* being gradually brought
up to temperature. E.g., many cookies like a "slow" oven
while others prefer a very hot one.

Pizzelles seem to like a reasonably hot oven -- no doubt to
contribute to their "crunchiness" (a "soggy" pizzelle would
be received with about as much enthusiasm as soggy potato
chips!)