Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default O/T: Gotta Love It

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 01:53:54 -0500, dhall987 wrote:

After driving for over 55 years, I've been involved in three minor
and one major accidents, all of which were the other driver's
fault. And that includes time spent on LA freeways and Chicago
surface streets, as well as five years as a full time RVer.

So it works for me. YMMV.

Sorry. I knew a lady once that hadn't left her house for 15 years
because it is "just too dangerous" out here. She is probably a bit
safer in her house than out in public, but self-imposed prison just
doesn't seem worth it....

So driving attentively is a "self-imposed prison" and equates to a
phobia? Your reasoning is defective. Or are you just trolling?

No, not leaving your house in 15 years is a self-imposed prison. Some
people just have problems that way--Isaac Asimov didn't go to the convention
where he got his fourth or fifth Hugo because sitting on the train from NY
to Miami was too stressful for him (and _forget_ about flying).