Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default small kerosene space heaters

zxcvbob wrote:

-snip-

Damn stove just started billowing amazing amounts of smoke into the
house again. Like it knew I was talking about it. (it's -8 degrees
outside, and the heavy cold air overwhelmed the updraft) I'm definitely
tearing it out tomorrow, whether I get a little kerosene or gas heater
to replace it or not. Even expensive electric heat would be better than
this crap.

I went to propane 10 years ago. at the time it was 1/2 the price of
wood & oil-- now they've all evened out--- but I still think it was
the best move I ever made.

*NO*! odors [unless you have a serious problem]
No wicks- maintenance consists of a yearly vacuuming.
No running out to find Kero-- only to find out that there are 6 people
ahead of you in line- then they run out at #5.
Instant heat when you want it-- and it is off when you don't.

For a few bucks you can get one that the missus likes the looks of--
with a remote control if she is so inclined.

Jim