Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default O/T: Gotta Love It

dhall987 wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:21:10 -0600, Larry Blanchard
Other than that, only sucking on a hard candy to keep from being
thirsty too often.

But in traffic, nothing. No way. I don't even listen to music.

After driving for over 55 years, I've been involved in three minor
and one major accidents, all of which were the other driver's fault.
And that includes time spent on LA freeways and Chicago surface
streets, as well as five years as a full time RVer.

So it works for me. YMMV.

Sorry. I knew a lady once that hadn't left her house for 15 years
because it is "just too dangerous" out here. She is probably a bit
safer in her house than out in public, but self-imposed prison just
doesn't seem worth it....

Back when I was a kid, about 1956, a friend's mother drove us to the movies
one afternoon. We had to sit in the back seat and were not allowed to talk
while she drove.

While I strongly am against driving distracted, the radio is on most all the
time, I've eaten a burger or breakfast sandwich if traffic allows a couple
of times a year. Most important, I keep one hand on the wheel at all times.
Well, a few fingers from one hand at all times.