Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga mogga is offline

Default Dishwasher breakdown

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:05:21 -0000, "Graham." wrote:

"whiskeyomega" wrote in message ...
It never rains but pours in this house.

My dishwasher has tipped its water onto the floor instead of pumping out down the drain.
This is because something is broken.

I sent for the repair man ( its insured) . I was told on the phone that the problem was because I was not using a lime scale
remover and so the dishwasher had corroded.

When you got the dishwasher was there a water test kit to see if you
needed to use a water softener? (I think ours had one but could be
wrong)
You could harrass the waterboard for a statement of how soft your
water is and send it the dishwasher people.

It might be true its corroded or something , like a seal on the bottom where the water drains has gone porous ( I know because it
has fallen off in two pieces and the dishwasher is a bit rusty but its 11 years old).

I have been told I have to buy and use this lime scale stuff when the repair man comes.

I don't want to sound daft, but we have very water where I live. Nothing else furs up , why should the dishwasher?

I just put the problem down to old age of the machine. It went wrong about two years ago when the suppressor broke.

Should I just pay the £11 for this stuff and shut up?

Oh, and will it be OK down my septic tank?

Always makes me laugh why all the Supermarkets round here stock
dishwasher salt when Manchester water is notoriously soft, and salt

It always makes me smile too. I've never seen anyone buy it though...
(And if you did, would you say anything?)

is not required. Mind you, I bought several bags of it the other day from Tesco
at 38 pence/kg to sprinkle on my icy driveway.

Morrisons 22p a bag.

So what's this £11 stuff then?

--
http://www.Christmasfreebies.co.uk