Posted to uk.d-i-y
whiskeyomega whiskeyomega is offline

Default Dishwasher breakdown ( its the pipe I think)

"whiskeyomega" wrote in message
It never rains but pours in this house.

My dishwasher has tipped its water onto the floor instead of pumping out
down the drain.
This is because something is broken.

I sent for the repair man ( its insured) . I was told on the phone that
the problem was because I was not using a lime scale remover and so the
dishwasher had corroded.

Oh well I take it back. It seems there may have been nothing wrong with the
dish washer at all.

It was still leaking this morning. I think it might be the plumbing behind
the washing machine , although how that could put so much water onto the
floor I don't know. Its just dripping constantly somewhere across the mains
intake.

Floor remains wet. OH remains in bed, having switched the water off so that
it cant leak and so that I cant use the dishwasher. Cant bring in a plumber
( he wont let me - remember he is one!) and OH wont fix it.

Its a copper connection to a valve and then a plastic lead ( plastic lead is
OK I checked it) so its on the fitting/ pipe. Cold fill only. Any
suggestions to fix it ( and find precisely where its leaking)?