Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Can't lift grime of table saw

"Nonny" wrote:

First of all, I'd use a half or quarter sheet sander with 120grit
dry, after scraping off everything as best you can with a putty
knife. That should get you down to metal and if the sandpaper comes
out clean, the stain won't be passed along to your work, when you
use the table.

Yep.

Top make look like ugly on an ape, but if sandpaper remains clean, so
what?

Another excellent little product is BRAKE PARTS CLEANER spray. It
comes in two formula, and I'd try each. This stuff works great for
about anything, but I'd use it outdoors. Spray and scrub in with
0000 steel wool, then immediately wipe. It evaporates like crazy
and is flammable, so again, work outdoors with nothing sparking.

Again Yep, it's my weapon of choice, but only outside.

Has lots of VOCs, be careful.

Lew