Posted to rec.woodworking
dhall987 dhall987 is offline

Default O/T: Gotta Love It

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:21:10 -0600, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:32:35 -0500, dhall987 wrote:

Seriously, never munched on a potato chip while driving cross country
huh?

If I'm out in the country on a long trip, and there isn't other traffic,
I've been known to sip a bit of coffee which my wife pours out of a
thermos. Only about 1/4 of a cup so it won't spill if I hit a pothole.

Other than that, only sucking on a hard candy to keep from being thirsty
too often.

But in traffic, nothing. No way. I don't even listen to music.

After driving for over 55 years, I've been involved in three minor and
one major accidents, all of which were the other driver's fault. And
that includes time spent on LA freeways and Chicago surface streets, as
well as five years as a full time RVer.

So it works for me. YMMV.

Sorry. I knew a lady once that hadn't left her house for 15 years
because it is "just too dangerous" out here. She is probably a bit
safer in her house than out in public, but self-imposed prison just
doesn't seem worth it....