Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O. Mike O. is offline

Default Warped interior doors

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:46:13 -0800 (PST), Jimbo
wrote:

My house still has some of the original 100 year old paneled, pine
doors. Unfortunately, they are all warped to some degree. Is there
any way to fix this?

I think it's doubtful.
If it took 100 years for them to get warped I don't think they are
going to straighten very easily. You could try to put a 2x4 under
each end and then with the high side up add weight until it's flat (or
even a little past) or until you hear things cracking. Let one sit
for a few days and see what happens. I'm afraid they will just return
to the warp.
There are few other things you could try.
If you have some doors of the same size and swing, move them around to
see if one fits better in a different jamb. It's possible in a 100
year old house that the walls have moved some and some of the openings
may be straighter than others.
You might also try to move the door stop around on the jamb to make
your warped doors close better. This doesn't fix anything but instead
of the top hanging out, the bottom might be moved in.

Mike O.