Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Construction of sprung dance floor?

RickH wrote:

I dance 3 or 4 nights a week on the Willowbrook Ballroom dance floor.
It is a 6200 square foot bare maple floor constructed in the early

-snip-

My dream is to install this same kind of floor in a building I own. I
would love to see exactly how the Willowbrook is constructed, but that
wont be possible.

Pray tell, Why? You have the time, you are apparently mobile, and
you are there 3-4 times a week. You are considering taking on a
*huge* [as in expensive and time consuming] job to do something that
will give you pleasure for the rest of your mobile life- and probably
will be enjoyed by a few others along the way.

If you can't make an appointment with the groundskeeper or whoever,
then you don't have the skills necessary to build, or direct the
building of the floor.

-snip-

If you have knowledge like this, please share this lost art in the
wiki article before you die.

I'll be waiting to see the photographs and notes you take when you go
visit the floor.

Jim