Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Stanley Staple Gun

Thank you, and Bob La Londe, Vic Baron, Leon and Nonny, for replying to my
post!

I see that you are correct--a screwdriver makes alot more sense than a
hammer (or a staple gun)!

I supposed I was led astray by the fact that the previous repairer used
staples (and
probably a staplegun powered by a compressor...). Unfortunately, he or she
forgot
to put in "backing board" (to borrow from picture-frame terminology), or it
has slipped
out of place under the hardboard cover.

So, after I fit a 1/8" backing board and cover, the mirror will quit shaking
when we walk into the room.
Of course, in the meantime I shoved some folded up paper in the groove next
to the mirror
which stopped the shaking, but the next step is to fit everything properly!

Thank you all again for your valuable help, and happy new year!
Bill

"xparatrooper" wrote in message
I have 3-4 stapleguns in my arsenal, and I can't see ANY of them being
up to your task... with the possible exception of a hammer-tacker
style for applying roof felt. I even have one of those electric fired
staplers, and it is more wimpy than the style with the backward
handle (do a Google Image search on an "EasyShot staplegun" to see
what I mean)

an eighth inch of hardboard is pretty hard to get through.

I would duct tape it in place temporarily, then drill some tiny pilot
holes, then maybe a small countersink treatment, and then a handful of
piano hinge screws to finish the job. Sure it will take a while, but
it will also last a while.

Best of luck!

Stanley TR250 SharpShooter Plus Heavy Duty Staple/Brad Nail
Gunhttp://www.amazon.com/Stanley-TR250-SharpShooter-Heavy-Staple/dp/B000...