Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_8_] Bruce[_8_] is offline

Default Dishwasher breakdown

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:30:26 +0000, Bruce
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:23:21 +0000, Dave
wrote:

ARWadsworth wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Graham. wrote:

Always makes me laugh why all the Supermarkets round here stock
dishwasher salt when Manchester water is notoriously soft, and salt
is not required.

Manchester water? Don't you mean Welsh water?

If you had to drink Manchester water you'd be dead inside a week.

The Mancunians drink Derbyshire water.

I always thought it came from the Lake District. It did when I lived in
that area.

You're right. Most of it comes from Thirlmere (Cumbria) via a 96-mile
pipeline.

Also Haweswater (Cumbria).

Most or all of the rest is from the Longdendale Valley in
the Peak District National Park, including Woodhead reservoir.