Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Removing part of one truss, temporarily

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:13:25 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

mm wrote:

Plus I'd have to borrow a ladder, probably from a friend who would
insist on bringing it over for me, I'm fatter than ever, and it's cold
outside, the antenna won't weather in the attic, and won't fall over,
ever.

They sound like very valid reasons to stay off the roof. Last time I was on
mine was 2001. Next trip will be: never.

I went up 3 times 3 years ago when the guy was replacing the roof, and
it wasn't bad. I was sure-footed. And I saw where he put sheetmetal
over a couple damaged sheets of plywood, no extra charge, looked very
nice. But he had an even longer ladder that went 3 feet above the
roof, much easier for going back down.

(I get one PBS channel but I"m missing on PBS channel 26 an hour of
news Friday night, plus an hour of Monk if he's still on, plus an old
movie on Saturday nights, some I want to see, some I don't.)

If need be, you can get Monk on DVD. I like the final show though, one of
the best in a while.

I guess I missed it, but this channel does show reruns, I think. And
if not, thanks for letting me know aobut the DVD.

I was all ready to buy the antenna last night when I saw they also had
FM antennas for 20 dollars and if I buy at the same time, I'll save 6
dollars on shipping. So now I need to decide if I'll hook up an FM
antenna if I buy one.