Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Exhaust fan question

Ed Mc wrote:
I'm looking to get a new exhaust fan for a 65sq.ft bathroom. I'm
considering a specific fan but it comes with 2 exhaust ducts, 4"or6".
Is there a real difference? Doesn't the motor still draw the same
volume regardless?
Also, with soooo many 'clearing houses' on the Internet these days,
does anyone have experience with a good reputable site. The prices I'm
seeing can be $35 cheaper than Home Depot, Lowe's etc. Thanks.

The 6" can potentially move a hell of a lot more air. Check the cfm
ratings.

I don't know what you are looking at, but Panasonic fans are much quieter
than some of the cheap-o brands around.