Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default O/T: Gotta Love It

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 04:20:47 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
dhall987 wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 01:39:36 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Swingman" wrote

You don't have a cell phone where I can get in touch with you NOW,
during business hours, you don't work for me, either as a direct
hire, or as a subcontractor.

sniff

Does that mean you are not going to hire me?

I wouldn't want to work for the kind of guy who has to call me on
the cell phone instead of yelling across the office "Hey, Clarke,
get in here".

God I hate the boss' who are so important that they feel the need to
scream stuff down the hall to subordinates so that everyone else has
to hear him yell down to Clarke 12 times a day...

I wouldn't want to work the the guy that has to contact me 12 times a
day no matter the method. I'm considering in our shop banning cell
phones during work hours because they are becoming a distraction.

Amen. When the boss is talking to the same employee 12 times a day then
he's doing something wrong, and that employee is getting precious little
work done due to all the time being wasted on the boss. I remember one
place I worked there was a daily meeting to keep the boss apprised of
progress. The meeting ostensibly was an hour and involved the entire
programming staff. The boss didn't understand the concepts of "secretary"
and "schedule" and "salesman" and so took every call that came into the
business herself--that meeting ended up dragging on for half the day. Every
day. But of course it was all _our_ fault that nothing got done.

That's when you take a pad and pencil and note all the distractions,
daily. Hand it to him when he rails on you or the staff for not
getting things done.

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?