Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Dishwasher breakdown

"whiskeyomega" wrote in message
It never rains but pours in this house.

My dishwasher has tipped its water onto the floor instead of pumping out
down the drain.
This is because something is broken.

I sent for the repair man ( its insured) . I was told on the phone that
the problem was because I was not using a lime scale remover and so the
dishwasher had corroded.

It might be true its corroded or something , like a seal on the bottom
where the water drains has gone porous ( I know because it has fallen off
in two pieces and the dishwasher is a bit rusty but its 11 years old).

I have been told I have to buy and use this lime scale stuff when the
repair man comes.

I don't want to sound daft, but we have very water where I live. Nothing
else furs up , why should the dishwasher?

I just put the problem down to old age of the machine. It went wrong about
two years ago when the suppressor broke.

Should I just pay the £11 for this stuff and shut up?

Oh, and will it be OK down my septic tank?

Sounds a bit of a con - At 11 years old perhaps time for a new one - if
there is known corrosion then it will only get worse.