Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Opinion of Ruger Mini 14 .223?

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 01:35:02 -0600, wrote:

First hand experience on accuracy? Operation?

You are lucky to get 3" groups at 100 yrds. Operation of most of them is
fair to reliable. Some of the newests ones are finished with sandpaper
and concrete slabs for polishing media.

Ive a 181 Series that has been reliable for ..humm...15 yrs..but..its
not something Id take out to shoot anything smaller than bunnies at less
than 100yrds..or JBTs out to 250yrds

They Can...can..can be made into decent shooters..but by the time you
stuff enough money in a gunsmiths pocket..you would have been better off
buying a AR-15 of some sort.

Minis are unfortunately..one of the few removable magazine semiauto
"battle" rifles allowed in California...and **** Bill Ruger.

Shrug

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766