Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
JosephKK[_3_] JosephKK[_3_] is offline

Default Global warming sucks.

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:59:03 -0600, "Ouroboros Rex" wrote:

Just A. User wrote:
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:43:06 -0600, Ouroboros Rex wrote:

ian field wrote:
"Martin Riddle" wrote in message

"ian field" wrote in message
Currently snowed in - the guest room has been made up for me but I
don't feel like sleeping.

How quick does a splash of bourbon evaporate from a hot coffee?

The news reports claim that the snow storms have hit as far as
Spain (which is apparently very unusual) its still snowing when I
just looked out and doesn't look like getting any better by the
new day!

The tobacco man is due back from the continent on Friday and his
route across SE England is even worse hit than here, With only 1/4
pouch left its going to be difficult to get back and find out
whether he made it back.

After a long struggle I got the motorcycle up the drive and across
the footpath (sidewalk) but got bogged down before I made it to
the ruts made by the cars, once everyone's up tomorrow I can
scrounge a spade to dig the bike out and get to the ruts.

Its winter, what do you expect?

The great global warming hoax leads us to expect milder winters.

We've not had snow of any significance before mid February for as
many winters back as I can remember.

This seems to be a freak weather event, the news forecaster said the
cold snap has ripped through N Europe - even hitting Spain
(apparently pretty rare!).

How does this water get into the air? Ocean warming.

http://ecws.eas.cornell.edu/degaetano_MetApps_web.pdf

Abstract

The characteristics of seasons with enhanced East Coast winter storm
and storm

surge activity are identified from among a set of global atmospheric
circulation indices

and local land and sea surface temperature anomalies. Without regard
for storm strength

or surge potential, the most active East Coast winter storm (ECWS)
seasons occur in

association with El Niņo events. There is also some indication that
such seasons are

preferred under the positive phase of the Pacific decadal
oscillation. In terms of storm

surge potential, forecasts of strong ECWS activity are more skillful
than direct forecasts

of the number of extreme surge events. In both cases, sea surface
temperatures (SST) off

the southeast U.S. coast and in the Gulf of Mexico differentiate high
seasonal activity

from relatively inactive seasons. Warmer than normal SST in both
regions during

summer provide a measure of storm activity in the subsequent winter.

The results provide a means of anticipating seasonal East Coast
winter storm

activity, and to some degree impacts, that is similar to widely used
forecasts of tropical

storm activity. From a predictive standpoint, forecasts of active
strong storm seasons and

low surge activity exhibit fairly high false alarm ratios. However,
the false alarm rate for

forecasts of low storm activity or high surge activity is less than
10%.

Welcome to the warmest instrumentally measured decade in history.

So your assertion is that atmospheric water causes cold weather?

Nope, snow. Not to shock anyone, but that's what snow is made of. And
that was the subject.

Winter causes cold weather.

And that is supposed to impress who?

Post some electronics.