Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Patrick[_7_] Patrick[_7_] is offline

Default Rockler Murphy bed

Indeed very nice. I made this same bed and wish it had one other featu an
automatic off switch for the lights when the bed is raised. In a hurry one
day I left the lights on. I'm thankful I didn't burn the house down. Made
sad work of my footboard...

--
Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA

"Leon" wrote in message

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
I finally finished the Murphy bed. Did a test sleep last night - good
results :-)

Very nice Doug.

I have a few questions. I have been in the process of building all new
master bed room furniture for our home. I started off with 2 night stands
that I refer to as towers, one on each side of the head of the bed. They
are about 1/8" short of being the height of a door way. I just completed
the under bed storage except for the 18 drawers that will accomplish the
storage and I have finished 90% of the head and foot boards. All pieces
are being used now.

Now to the question. I plan to put a "light bridge" between the two
towers similar to what you have done. Did you research lighting placement
or type of lighting? How does your lighting placement work out for you,
is it good enough to read by? Can you control each light individually,
can you dim each light?

Thanks

Leon