Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Framing nail gun question

On Dec 30, 5:48*pm, "SBH" wrote:
Just when I thought I educated myself on framing nail guns, along comes
something I didn't know about the nails. I realized different guns accept
specific types of collated nails. Now, I'm confused what to get to avoid
having something which will have hard to find nails.

I know for sure I want a round head nailer but do I get the wire collated,
plastic collated or paper tape collated nails? What about the angle of the
nails. Do I get 28 degree, 30 degree, 34 degree, etc? I want to make sure I
have brand varieties with availability at most hardware stores.

Can someone shed some more light on the best option?

Thank you

If you really want a framing gun

get a Hitachi NR83A (or NR90)

83 is more common but 90 shoots larger nails

I've have an NR83A since the late 80's and its worked fine for me.
Done more shear walls & floors than framing with it however.

Shoot full round head nails plastic strip collation.

I've also used Senco full round head framing gun (dont remember the
model number) ...same nails are NR83A

I think the NR83A is a 22 deg? naiiler

check this out

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...ticleID=649074